Thursday 2 August 2012

How I almost got arrested for trying to take pictures of a scene

Follow @NaijaTalkative

Funny how a police man almost arrested me today along Felele, Ibadan while trying to do my thing.
It all started when I was trying to take pictures of my previous blogpost --> Snake found in a moving vehicle in Ibadan. Care to know what I was doing there?
I was hanging out with a co-blogger (first time I'm meeting him) at the address mentioned above when a car suddenly screeched and halted on the road. [ Read Full Gist Here]
I quickly prompted my friend that I had to take few images of the scene and drop it here before we took our personal pics.
He shrugged and told me to go on... I moved closer to the edge of the road, took few images and then a warm hand from the left came outta nowhere to grab my phone which I was using to take photographs.
Behold! It was a policeman. He asked me what I was doing with the camera app which was running and I told him exactly what it meant for.
He then took a closer look, turned the phone around, shook his head and said Okay.
I knew his motive was to arrest me; He stood with me at that spot when fear gripped me and I had to step back to meet my friend. Immediately, he left to meet his colleagues also.

This is why those comedians say, our news and media system is slow at delivering information atimes. This is because Journalists are not safe anymore even in the hands of policemen. What's so bad in taking images of that kinda scene even if I'm not putting the story on a blog?
Anyone who experiences this would be discouraged and wouldn't want to capture interesting scenes anymore for one reason or the other all tending to the fact that "You're not safe with that camera"





Do not Forget to come back for more hot gists, news and updates. You can Subscribe to our Rss feeds, Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Receive Hot Nigerian News and Gists in your Mailbox for FREE
Submit and Confirm your email address below:

Enter your email address:



Contact Us/Send us a Story Here.
Share this with your friends.

4 comments: