Saturday 22 August 2015

I never thought I would become an actress

Ghanaian actress, Juliet Ibrahim, in a recent chat said she never dreamt of becoming an actress. She said that as a kid, her life ambition was to get into music.
“I wanted to be a musician when I was growing up and I really loved Celine Dion. It just happened. I won a beauty pageant in 2004 and shortly after, someone called me about an audition. The person said they were looking for someone like me and that was how I became an actress,” she said.


The fair-skinned actress also gave reasons why she established a foundation to help people living with kidney cancer. She said two of her aunts have kidney cancer and one almost died.
“I have the Juliet Ibrahim foundation and help people with kidney problems. We raise funds for dialysis, treatment and transplant. Kidney treatment is so expensive. It is one of the most expensive ailments to treat. It has not been easy raiding funds alone.

 I have two aunties that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer. It has not been easy living with them and knowing that they have a terminal illness. One of my aunties living with the disease almost passed away recently. I thank God she survived,” she said.


The Punch

Contact us for Advert Placement:
BBM PIN: 556E312A
WHATSAPP: 08099821118
TWITTER HANDLE: @naijatalkative
EMAIL: naijatalkative@gmail.com
Share this with your friends.

No comments: