Saturday 22 August 2015

Adekunle Gold – I was rejected thrice by reality television shows

Rave of the moment artiste, Adekunle Gold, is currently enjoying his time in the spotlight with his hit songs, Sade and Orente, topping charts. But it hasn’t always been this rosy for him.
In a chat with Saturday Beats, the singer said that he was rejected three times by reality television shows.


He told Saturday Beats that at one of the auditions of the reality show, popular singer, Cohbams Asuquo, told him that his voice was good but he was not what they were looking for. He said the words did not discourage him instead he kept working on how to improve himself.

Gold said, “I groomed my music talent by myself. When I was a teenager, I joined the teen’s church and from there, I joined a band called, The Bridge. I went for a lot of auditions. I attended Project Fame twice and Peak Talent show but I was not picked. I remember the last time I went in 2009, Cohbams Asuquo told me that he liked my voice but it was not what he wanted. I was not discouraged but I kept working on myself and I thank God the hard work is paying off.”

The singer told Saturday Beats that now that he has found fame some of his diehard fans stalk him both in reality and on social media.
“I love all my female fans. I sing about them and I love the attention they give me. Some of them stalk me in real life and most especially on social media but I have my eyes on the prize,” he said.


Contact us for Advert Placement:
BBM PIN: 556E312A
WHATSAPP: 08099821118
TWITTER HANDLE: @naijatalkative
EMAIL: naijatalkative@gmail.com
Share this with your friends.

No comments: