Saturday, 15 December 2012

Five children roasted to death in a fire accident in Lagos

Follow @NaijaTalkative

On thursday, at Comfort Oboh Industrial estate, Kirikiri, Lagos, five children were seriously burnt to death in a building situated in that area.
According to reports, the fire started from a lit candle around 10pm by the Parents of the deceased Mr and Mrs Ogbona Augustine who sell local gin in that axis. The candle was lit for their children to sleep and left for their shop thereby locking the children inside the house.
Residents of the area said they discovered smoke rapidly emanating from the roof of the house which constitutes a large percentage of wood and escalated the fire. They tried all they could but to no avail.

Now read this: We contacted the fire service but they arrived late and could not even gain access to the scene beacause of tankers parked at kirikiri; and by that time they came, it was already late!
An eye witness also said there was a bang on the door and shout of help from within but nobody could go near the fire and we didn't hear the voice again. If the door had not been locked from outside, the children would have escaped.

So touching a story.... Please, if you make use of candle in abscence of power supply, kindly give it close attention as it is very dangerous when ignored to inflammable materials.

Do not Forget to come back for more hot gists, news and updates. You can Subscribe to our Rss feeds, Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Receive Hot Nigerian News and Gists in your Mailbox for FREE
Submit and Confirm your email address below:

Enter your email address:

Contact Us/Send us a Story Here.
Share this with your friends.

No comments: