Monday 31 August 2015

Waje recounts how Lauryn Hill made her cry at concert

Grammy award winning American singer Lauryn Hill was live on stage in Lagos yesterday August 30, 2015 at The Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island.
Top Nigerian singer Waje was able to meet the former Fugees star at the show, and according to her the encounter was so moving it brought her to tears. The 'I Wish' singer took a selfie with Lauryn Hill which she shared on her Instagram account.


In the caption of her picture, Waje narrated her tearful encounter with the music star. You can read her story below;
"Just before the show started a beautiful lady walked up to me telling me how much she loved my music, in her words "we ve been playing you songs in philly " , this sister sang the chorus of No Be You and I was blown away by her voice, soon I realized she was Lauryns back up singer. My life changed last night. I cried when Lauryn was performing and thinking,in my life time I see woman wey I use her songs learn work!!!!! She killed it! She gave me music life! So I got home and next thing my phone rings "waje Lauryn wants to meet u? I ran back like I was going to collect the certificate that validates the school of music life I have been in since, she took my hand and I cried all thru...... I'm so sure I embarrassed her but i had to tell her how grateful I am. Thank you Lauryn for music... Long story short, do your own with diligence and authenticity and you will save lives, inspire people to reach their goals as she inspired many singers and musicians. I'm so honored."
Waje had a blast at the event. The fun she experienced at the concert was captured by Victoria Kimani.

Contact us for Advert Placement:
BBM PIN: 556E312A
WHATSAPP: 08099821118
TWITTER HANDLE: @naijatalkative
EMAIL: naijatalkative@gmail.com
Share this with your friends.

No comments: